CCLI license holders may freely use and reproduce these lyrics, provided that CCLI copyright protocol is followed. (See Copyright Info)
Suggested Tune Scarborough Fair (10.8.9.9.) [click tune name to play midi]
1. How will our children be clothed for the feast?
In the Father's house they may dine!
So let us weave for each little priest
a garment made of love: rich and fine.
2. Weave in a pattern of rhythmical praise
In the Father's house they will sing!
Under all skies, though blue or though grey,
embroider words to honour the King.
3. Let them see on us the fashions we learn
in the Father's house at His feet,
that they may wear the same in their turn,
and dress their children fit for a feast.
4. Raiments of love and compassion will shine
in the Father's house full of Light,
yet every robe so humbly is lined
with patient care, forgiving and kind.
5. Weave them a heritage lasting and true -
in the Father's house may they live -
of all we say and all that we do,
that they may have the best we can give.
Based on Revised Common Lectionary (C) for 1st Sunday of Christmas
1 Samuel 2:18-20, 26